Ecosystem Services Approach Pilot on Wetlands
The Ecosystem Services (ES) Approach Pilot was part of the longer term ES Roadmap intended as a tool under the Cumulative Effects Management Framework to help inform trade-off decisions and assure more robust decision-making.
The ES Approach Pilot team was mandated to demonstrate the use and replicability of the ES to support department priorities.
ES Approach Pilot on Wetlands Reports
- An Exploration of Approaches to Understand Cultural Services and Benefits to ES Assessments- Nov 2011 (113 pages, 1.1 MB)
- Assessment of Current and Historic Wetland Carbon Stores in the Shepard Slough Area- Jul 2011 (17 pages, 1.8 MB)
- Assessment of Water Storage and Flood Control ES- Aug 22, 2011 (68 pages, 3.1 MB)
- Economic Valuation Technical Report- Oct 2011 (121 pages, 5.5 MB)
- ES Assessment of Wetland Water Purification for the Shepard Slough Study Area- Sep 6, 2011 (98 pages, 2.9 MB)
- Integrated Assessment Report- Oct 2011 (91 pages, 2.8 MB)
- Operationalizing an ES Approach within the Government of Alberta- Nov 2011 (76 pages, 1.3 MB)
- Project Overview- Apr 21, 2011 (2 pages, <1 MB)
- Wetland ES Protocol for the WESPUS Site Assessments- Aug 15, 2011 (40 pages, 1.9 MB)
Updated: Dec 18, 2015