Update – June 17, 2015: Hazardous Waste Manifests and Recycle Dockets
Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP) uses a manifest system to track the movement of hazardous waste from its place of generation to its point of receipt. The manifest is a six-copy form with unique serial
numbers. It should not be photocopied, altered or reused.
Hazardous Waste Manifest Form
Alberta-based consignors (generators) can order copies of manifest forms, free of
charge.They are not available online, therefore, ordering six-month supply
is recommended. To place your order, please send your Provincial Identification
Number, contact name and mailing address to:
Provincial Identification Number (PIN)
Any hazardous waste consignor (generator), carrier, or receiver must have a Provincial Identification Number (PIN) from AEP. A PIN should be issued within two business days upon receipt of a completed package. Download
the application forms below, or call 780-427-3081 (dial 310-0000 first to call toll free within Alberta) for more information. There is no application fee.
Hazardous Recyclables Importers
Importers must have written authorization from the Minister of Alberta Environment and Parks. Complete the request form and submit it to the address below. A hazardous waste manifest is required for all transborder shipments; therefore,
a Receiver PIN will also be required.
Send completed PIN and Hazardous Recyclable application forms to:
Land Policy Branch
10th floor, Oxbridge Place
9820 - 106 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2J6
The person authorized to transport hazardous recyclables in Alberta must complete a Recycle Docket Form when transporting more than 205 litres or 205 kg of hazardous
This Recycle Docket is equivalent to
- Dangerous Goods Shipping Document for Road Transportation as required by Section 19 of the Waste Control Regulation
- Multiple pickup and delivery document authorized under the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act and Regulations.
- Hazardous Waste Manifest - FAQs
- Hazardous Waste Manifest Attachment Sheet- Jul 2017 (1 page, 1.3 MB)
- Hazardous Waste Manifest Supplement - Multiple Carriers- Jan 2015 (1 page, <1 MB)
- Instructions for Completing the Hazardous Waste Manifest Form- 2003 (1 page, <1 MB)
- List of Hazardous Waste Carriers- Jan 18, 2017 (16 pages, <1 MB)
- List of Hazardous Waste Generators- May 26, 2017 (69 pages, 1.4 MB)
- List of Hazardous Waste Receivers– Jan 18, 2017 (4 pages, <1 MB)
- Sample Movement Document/Manifest Form- Jan 2015 (2 pages, <1 MB)
Please note: PINs are not disclosed to other parties. It is illegal to use another company's number.
Updated: Jul 31, 2017