This land was donated to the Alberta Sport, Recreation, Parks and Wildlife Foundation in 2012 by the shareholders of MRM Development, an effort spearheaded by Janis Richards. Certified by Environment Canada as an ecologically significant donation, the property is split by the Tawatana River and has a wide variety of both animal and plant life.
The site is planned to have connections, including a bridge structure, to the TransCanada Trail located along the east side of the property, and to the adjacent town of Athabasca trails to the west. Pre-planning for this project has begun and donations in support are appreciated.
Driving Directions From Edmonton
- Head North on Highway 2 to 48th Avenue, Athabasca, Alberta.
- Turn East (right) on 48th Avenue to 48th Street.
- Turn North (left) on 48th Avenue and follow to the end of the road.
- Property is along Range Road 232A directly in front of 48th Avenue.
The land manager for this property is:
- Spruce Grove Fish and Game Association
Please follow the guidelines below when accessing this property. Fishing permitted with applicable permits.
The legal land description for MRM Wildlife Habitat is:
- Plan 7241H, Block C
- 22.32 acres/9.03 hectares
For a printable version of this page, see:
Updated: Jun 15, 2017