In 1992, the late John William Norman Anderson donated this land to the Alberta Sport, Recreation, Parks and Wildlife Foundation. He wanted the land to remain as a wildlife sanctuary and to be used by the residents of the Province of Alberta.
Driving Directions From Grande Prairie
- Head West on Highway 43 and exit North (right) on Secondary Highway 724.
- From Secondary Highway 724, exit west on Township Road 730.
- Travel approximately 1.5km (1 mile) and look for Range Road 84 and exit South
- Continue south for approximately 1km (½ mile) and the property will be on your left hand side.
- Please note, Range Road 84 ends at the beginning of the property and vehicles should be parked there. The remaining right of way can become impassable in wet conditions and should not be driven on.
The land manager for this property is:
Please follow the guidelines below when accessing this property.
The legal land description for Anderson Wildlife Refuge is:
- SW 33-72-8-W6
- 160 acres/65.7 hectares
For a printable version of this page, see:
Updated: Jun 15, 2017