The experience will leave you hooked!
Get hands-on with Alberta’s fish, wildlife, water and aquatic attractions:
- Explore exhibits and aquariums in the Discovery Centre.
- Tour the Sam Livingston Fish Hatchery.
- Go fishing in the Trout Pond (May 15-Oct 31).
- Take a stroll through the Interpretive Wetland.
Following the confirmation of whirling disease in Alberta, please be aware of firm bio-security policies regarding access to the Fish Hatchery. All participants must:
- wear closed-toe shoes,
- agree to wash their hands, and
- step over a disinfectant mat to clean their shoes.
Public who have recently been recreating in the Bow River in the same day as their visit are kindly asked to bring a clean pair of shoes if they wish to join a tour.
For more information on whirling disease, see:
Trout Pond OPEN for fishing!
Help us keep a healthy fish environment: please remember to clean, drain and dry all fishing equipment when moving from one water body to another.
For more information on current activities at our Trout Pond, visit:
Plan Your Visit:
For admission prices, hours and location, click:
For information about upcoming specials and seasonal activities, click:
For information about birthday party packages, and school, youth and group programs, click:
For details on our annual Discovery Centre passes, click:
Updated: Sep 30, 2016