Individuals wanting to train Authorized Assistants and provide "core lesson" pesticide applicator tutorial training must become Pesticide Applicator Trainers. This
requirement is in place to:
- ensure consistent delivery of "core" pesticide assistant and applicator training
- provide information directly to trainers (examination statistics, examination blueprints, what areas candidates are not mastering knowledge, exam and text review
- provide trainers with background information to help them deliver training
- foster an on-going working relationship between Alberta Environment and Parks and trainers to improve the training course.
To become a pesticide applicator trainer, an individual must:
- be a certified applicator
- have five years pesticide application experience
- complete a "Train the Trainer" in-class training course.
One "Train the Trainer" course is usually offered during the winter of every year. After successful completion of this course, Lakeland
College will issue an individual a Pesticide Applicator Trainer Certificate that will be valid for a 5 year period.
To renew a Trainer Certificate, an individual must attend a Trainer Recertification training
session. These sessions are usually offered during the winter of every year.
Contact Lakeland College at 1-866-853-8646 to register for both of the above courses. For more information regarding the trainer program, contact Alberta Environment and Parks
Updated: Aug 18, 2015