A pesticide applicator certificate is required for:
- Anyone applying Schedule 1 or 2 pesticides other than a commercial agriculturalist (farmer);
- Anyone applying Schedule 3 pesticides;
- in a rental dwelling,
- in the common indoor and outdoor areas of condominiums,
- in or on the grounds of a school, hospital, nursing home, or daycare facilities,
- application of pesticides on public lands.
- Anyone applying a pesticide where the label specifies for use by "certified or authorized applicators".
The following links provide more information about the applicator certification program:
Updated: Feb 13, 2014