The willow flycatcher is classified as Secure in the current General Status of Alberta Wild Species report. See:
Also see the Status of the Willow Flycatcher in Alberta report at:
- Main challenges to species success include:
- Competition with other flycatcher species
- Cowbird parasitism
- Habitat loss and alteration due to road expansion, wetland drainage or cleaning of rail allowances
- Livestock grazing
- Under Alberta's Wildlife Act, the willow flycatcher is designated as a non-game animal and it is illegal to kill or harass
individuals or disturb their nests at any time of the year.
- No specific management for the willow flycatcher has been undertaken in Alberta.
Updated: Jan 8, 2014