Climate Change and Emissions Management Act
Passed in 2003, Alberta’s Climate Change and Emissions Management Act was the first legislation pertaining to climate change in Canada. The Act recognizes
need for a sustainable environment and wise management of natural resources.
Innovative technologies that reduce the emission of greenhouse gases, and the establishment of target emissions, are to be developed without impairing economic
growth. The Climate Change and Emissions Management Act is available through the Alberta Queen’s Printer online catalogue.
The following is a list of the regulations under the Climate Change and Emissions Management Act:
- Administrative Penalty Regulation
- Fund Administration Regulation
- Renewable Fuels Standard Regulation
- Specified Gas Emitters Regulation
- Specified Gas Reporting Regulation
Updated: Aug 25, 2015