This enhancement will include new features such as:
- More user-friendly interface
- Information progress tracking
- Electronic delivery of your final records package
- Improved customer service
We’re working to improve our online services and make our Ministry’s information more accessible to you!
Kinds of Information You May Access from Alberta Environment and Parks
Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP) produces two kinds of information that you may access:
- Information held by AEP which is subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act
- Scientific and/or technical information available under the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act (EPEA)
What All Information Requests Must Include
When making an information request, be sure that you:
- Submit your request either in writing or via the online submission form
- Indicate that the request is for the purposes of FOIP Act or Routine Disclosure under the EPEA
- Complete all information on the forms to assist in processing your request
- Provide an email address and other contact information for reply
FOIP requests cover information subject to the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act.
Routine Disclosure Requests
Routine disclosure requests cover scientific and/or technical information available under the EPEA.
Submit an Information Request
Request Information Online
Use Request for Information Forms
We will deal with your request as quickly as possible and aim to get the records to you within 10-12 business days. If for some reason we are unable to respond to your request within this time limit, we will contact you as soon as possible
explaining the reasons for this
||Initial Processing Fee
|General Information FOIP Request
|Scientific/Technical Information Routine Disclosure Request
|Personal Information FOIP Request
We will aim to provide information without additional fees; however, it is possible that we may need to charge additional fees for requests that involve a substantial diversion of resources or excessive amounts of records. In such circumstances we will always provide you with an estimate of how much your request will cost before processing begins. If required, we will also provide advice and assistance to help you narrow or clarify your request.
If the total cost of processing your request is more than $150, you will be asked to pay a 50 percent deposit. The records will be provided to you when the fee is paid in full.
Information Management, Access and Privacy
FOIP and Information Management Section
5th Floor, Great West Life
9920 - 108 Street
Edmonton, Alberta, T5K 2M4
Updated, Jun 16, 2017